Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Day at Work

I am sitting in my office with this infernal cold, my eyes hurting and head aching. From a corner 38 copies peep at me. I have to grade them by Monday. I ignore them completely. There are so many other things on my table that are trying to attract my attention but I am ignoring them all. I find all news boring and all blogs (OK, I am not visiting my regular ones, I am visiting random ones) insipid. I think 5.30 will never come today. On certain days I just live for it to become 5.30, so that I can go and play Table Tennis.

Suddenly there in a knock on my door and a young pretty girl, all of 18 or 19 years of age (of course, my student) tells me, "Ma'am you are my last hope!" I have no clue what will come after this statement, so I wait with a smile. "Can I borrow a blue pen to write my exam? I will return it to you after it." Maybe 5.30 will come today after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger karmic said...

Hope you are feeling better? Grading is hard and with a cold probably harder. No I dont; have to grade, but I know thats how some people I know who have to grade have felt in the past.

4/25/2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger Mridula said...

Right, right, right, grading is hard and with a cold it is harder. But finally I realize that the sooner I finish them, the better it is. And I am feeling better, thanks.

4/26/2006 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home